Top Shelf Aquatics

Best Place to purchase Clean-up Crew?

RLiu818

www.etropicals.com is a good place. Click on the "Build Your Own Reef Package" thing. You pick your own stuff... put together $60 worth of critters and overnight shipping is on them.

If this is a new tank, just make sure it's cycled out and that you've got some good algae growth before adding an entire cleaning crew all at once.

My tank's triple the size of yours, but depending on how much you want to spend, I have to say I was really happy with Indo-Pacific Sea Farm 's 9-for-$99 mix-and-match. Got Coral Heaven, about a dozen bristle worms, 6 sandbed clams, a pint of Hawai'ian beachmud with all kinds of stuff in it, a pint of Hawai'ian beachrubble with even more stuff in it, about ten tiny nerite snails (0.5cm), eight or nine tiny strombus snails (1cm), ten Hawai'ian microhermit crabs (similar to bluelegs but not identical) and a small clump of macroalgae with a bunch of amphipods living on it. Note that the numbers are funny compared to what is on their site because I bought both their 'wondermud' which contained more critters and their 'Live Sand Activator' package which also contained more critters.

Because I am going for a highly diverse microfauna biome before adding deco corals I used this plus the bunches of cleaners sent as part of my package by Tampa Bay Saltwater

Again, YMMV. For a tank as tiny as yours, I think you'll be shocked at how much tiny stuff (<0.3mm) is in the IPSF deal.

The amphipods are probably my favorites, and the clams that stir through the sandbed like worms.

Ratty

Ratty's Reef

Archived