SaltCritters.com

I screwed up HELP!

donk

Everyday I use "coral vital".

Today I accidently put "Kent Expert Series Rx P parasite treatment in instead ( same size bottle, in a hurry, a few beers...)

I only put in 1/2 tsp in a 29 gal tank before I caught myself.

I just did a 20% WC. Has anyone ever added this to their tank for the proper reasons? If so can you tell me if it had adverse effects on your coral. The bottle says "it might" and I dont have another tank to put my livestock in.

Any input would be helpful:*(

quiksilver5768

Hey man, first of all...chill out

Im not familiar with this KENT product but look on the bottle for ingredients which u know are harmful (ie: copper). If this product does seem to atleast be somewhat reef safe (you said "it might" have an affect) And since you just did that water change, it shouldnt be too bad. Let your tank settle and do another water changed in a day or maybe 2 days (best to do it a day after). I dont want to do too much of a change at once otherwise it might make everyone in the tank stressed out.....I dont know how much more i can say seeing as ive never used the product that u accidentally put in...

Thanks for the info.

I've calmed down. lol

The bottle says that it is "semi" reef safe and the most affected thing in the tank would be starfish and mushroom rock.

It's been about 5 hrs since I did it and everything seems to be fine. (I did only use a little bit). So thanks again:)

Archived