SaltCritters.com

Aquamedic T5 VS Nova

FishMaster1000

FishMaster1000

Hey guys...I am in the market for a 24" t5 fixture. I almost purchased the nova HO the other day. Just a few minutes I found these... http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic...emid=LT-AB75103

They are the aquamedic T5.. What would you reccomend? My tank is 18" deep and I will be doing LPS and some softies. Ummm.... THe price on the aquamedic is a little nicer than on the NOva... I would assume the aquamedics to be better because of their halide reputation. Well let me know if you have experience with either! Thanks!! :)

I dont think brand matters too much on T5...however what does matter and everyone will agree on is the reflector. T5's need to have individual reflectors for each bulb to get any of the benefit T5 bulbs bring. Hope that helps.

T5's need to have individual reflectors for each bulb to get any of the benefit T5 bulbs bring. Hope that helps.

i will actually disagree that that part. My friend (a current usa mnaf - nova fixtures) has run tests and they say the reflection for a single v. multiple reflector fixture is minimal if not equal. he said that's why the Novas have a single as opposed to multiple reflectors. He also told me that Current may be switching to the other reflectors .. like Hamilton I believe where they don't have a smooth finish looks dented? I think tests show that those particular reflectors put out more ... I believe my friend seeing he's an expert in the field so all the above is of course IMHO :)

Archived