Coral Vue Hydros

Low Maintainance 3 gallon for work

yarrow

I have a reef at home but would like to start a 3 gallon pico at work. I want something low maintainance since I probably should be spending most of my time working and not fideling with my fishtank (which I would far prefer over actually working). I was planning to get a 3 gallon eclipse, load it up on live rock untill I only have a tiny bit of room up front and have about 1 1/2 inches of live sand. I don't plan to have corals at this stage so I want to keep the stock lighting. My questions are:

1. What kind of inhabitants can I put in there with just the stock set-up assuming I am aiming for low maintance? I don't mind changing 10-20% of the water once per week since I can just take some from of the stuff I make for my home tank.

I thought I could add 2 narcisus snails, and one of those "do-nothing" fishes or some kind of other really small fish and a feather duster. What about a hermit?

2. Does anyone have a list of "pico-safe" fish?

3. Can I keep the stock lighting if I won't have corals?

4. Should I use the bio-wheel? There seems to be a lot of contraversy on this question.

No Bio-wheel most of these fish, if not all are good for a 3g. IMO

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=1850

i have a Yellow Clown Goby, 2 dwarf blue leg hermits, 1 SMALL pepermint shrimp, and 1 Glass anemone shrimp in my 2g. tank.... HTH

-josh

P.S. click on the picture in my signature to see my 2.5g tank.. i dont have pics of the fish yet.. because i got him last night

Archived