Cultivated Reef

Hello, for my first post....

jtgish

Let me guess your stocking list for fish:

1 Clownfish

1 Sixline Wrasse

1 Yellow Clown Goby

1 Catalina Goby

1 Cardinal fish (? possibly ... i cant tell.. really from the pic)

so what i right??

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. My name is JT and I am brand new to this hobby. I live in dallas, tx and get most of my stuff from dallas north aquarium. to answer a few questions:

Fishfreak, you are correct. True Percula, Sixline Wrasse, PJ cardinal, Yellow clown goby, and catalina goby.

Calvin, my tank is around 76-78 during the evening and 78-80 during the day.

I appreciate any info, advice or comments you guys would like to share about my tank. I am also trying to figure out the proper name for the coral in the center behind the brain.

Thanks again everyone.

Very nice looking tank, the aquascape is great.... but that is a lot of stuff for just two months. People are making comments about the Catalina because it's a temperate water fish and would like water to be below 72.

The coral I think you are asking about behind the brain looks like a Cynarina to me.

Good Luck!

i was told the catalina does a great job adjusting to warmer temps and the tank they keep them in at the fish store is at 80. i hope he does well, ive had him for a week now.

i am done putting fish in, should i slow down with the corals i have two books but none really have a timeline as to when stuff should be put in so any advice you guys have would be great.

Slow down.... bad things happen fast, good reef tanks take time.

IMO the LFS gave you some bad info on the catalina, I wish it were true ( if so I would have one) ...but I've seen other attempts at keeping them at tropical temps fail.

I don't want to be the downer here, but, if you don't know the name of the coral that you purchased and put in there....next to the brain with sweeper tentacles....well.......

Anyway, it IS a gorgeous tank. I hope it stays that way. Heaven knows I struggle with mine and it is not NEARLY as stocked as yours. SH

Was in Dallas over the holidays. Went to that store

to look at a Mag 7 pump. Price was ~$130.00...geez.

My LFS here in Corpus was ~$120.00.

Of course I got it online for just over half that.

Nice store...yep...but they are REALLY PROUD of thier goods.

Good luck with your tank...looks great.

GO STARS!

Archived