ReefCleaners.org

Nano quantity of Soutdown...Chicago

glazer

Well after setting up my tank I have approx. 10 to 15 pounds of Southdown left.... I'm guessing as I don't have a scale in the house,hehe Let's just say there is enough there to make a really sweet sand bend in like a minibow. Anyway.... wife wants me to clear stuff out and this is on the list.

Anybody in Chicago wanna trade a couple of 'shrooms or zoo's for it? I'm not going to be hard-nosed about it... I mean if somebody is just starting out and has nothing to trade then they can have it, but you HAVE to pick it up.

If you're NOT in the Chicago area and want it... well personally I think it would be silly to ship it but hey, if you wanna pay for the shipping, whatever....hehe

Buy,

Yes I did get it here.... I got it from a guy that frequents ReefCentral... his screen name there is billzie. Sorry I don't have anymore info than that but I deleted all the email correspondance I had with him. He had maybe 5 or 6 bags of it and at the time I got it from him he was heading out on a road trip to pick up like a pallet or two of the stuff....lol (I saw the big@ss pickup he rented to go get it,hehe).

I know he was taking orders for it but couldn't tell you if he sold it all. Try PM'ing him on RC or check out the buying/selling forums there.... lots of talk of Southdown here in the midwest.

Second little bit I have for you... another member here told me they heard there was going to be some at a Home Depot here in Chicago. I went to said Depot (store on North Ave.) and checked... they had NO sand at the time but the girl said they were getting a HUGE load of it in this spring, asked her if it indeed WAS Southdown and she just gave me a blank look and replied... "Um, it's sand". *love livin' in the city...sigh*

Maybe you can help me out with something I could never figure out. How do you guys stay in business? Not so much Chicago or other big cities, I realize one sale can probably feed your family for a year. But how many people are actually out there buying Lamborghinis? For the longest time (up until a few years ago), there was a dealership on Tonelle Ave in Jersey City. Anyone from this area can attest... it's a fuggin ###### hole. Never understood how they did it for so long. Beverly Hills, I can understand. But Tonelle Ave in Jersey City? I mean, the place was next door to a White Castle with bullet-proof glass at the counter.

I will answer your question and try not to be a thread crapper.... We happen to be the #2 largest dealer in the country. We sold 14 new lambos last year, and about 40 used. Couple that with 35 New Lotus, 8 New Panoz, and about 350 used cars, we make enough to pay the electric bill.... :) We sell all across the country too. We have trucks and trailers for delivery/pickup.

second version>

Archived