inTank Media Baskets

Emerald Crabs

reefguru21

reefguru21

Is it just my or do other reef keepers have E. crabs that pick at corals even though there is a large supply of algea for them to eat.  I got the little guy off some LR from my LFS we could not get him out of a hole so I purchased him relucktantly.  I've tried emeralds be for and they have done the same thing to the same 2 gorgonian and leather.  What should I do this is really annoying.  HELP PLEASE =(

i tell you what i just did.  i seen mine (hitchiker) perched on top a rock in my tank, and i just tried to net him, and he crawled away from under me!  that little sucker has a grip!  i'm gonna yank mine though, "eats bubble algae huh?"  yeah right....  

too destructive for a nano.  imo

My Mithrax sculptus has never bothered anything in my nano.

I had one that liked corraline in another tank though. seems they are hit or miss.

Toy

mine does a great job of eating bubble algae. it also steals food from corals and eats macroalgae as well as coraline. i've been thinking about taking him out.

i'm not sure yet if mines a killer or beneficial, he doesn't pick at coralline but i think he's eaten a couple small dusters on the live rock.  He ate some really small macro on the live rock as well.  He did a really good job on the junk algae though as well.  The only thing that ####ed me off was i found him eating my coral banded shrimp right after it molted, i think the shrimp was in its death throws anyways though cuz the crab never bothered it before, they'd be hanging out right next to eat other and not even acknowledge the other one.  If anything i think the crab was scared of the cb

Archived