SaltCritters.com

gold stripe maroon clown in 20H?

CrazyAggie05

howdy yall, in my quest for the 3rd fish, ive stumbled upon the most beautiful gold stripe maroon clown ive ever seen. i was think of 2 percs or ocellaris clowns to go with my 6 line and tail spot blenny, but this maroon clown is too beautiful to pass up....

but is a 20H big enough to house a single maroon clown? ive searched the site and it looks like some ppl are doing it, any comments?

I say dont... i felt mean when i had a 1.5" one (well not Gold Stripe Maroon just a normal maroon clown...) in my 30g. also.. it will get 6" and turn into an agressive female B!+ch

I'd say go for it if it is a small one. I have one in my 20H he is just over an inch, however when she gets larger you're gonna want to get fid of her because of her size and temperment.

Just wondering, but shouldn't you buy fish compatible long term for your tank? I always got the impression that was the more responsible route.

I would go with your original plan; I think it's a very good accomplishment to keep a fish for at least close to it's expected life span which is something that has a good chance of not happening with the maroon.

that would be nice, but don't clowns live to 25 years

i will probably get a slightly larger tank down the road to accomodate him.

Yeah, I have read a post on RC where a guy bought a pair of clowns in the late 70's and they just died a year or two ago.

Clowns are very long lived fish if you take proper care of them.

i decided to scrap the maroon clown, thanks for the help guys! the past few weeks have been ahrd trying to decide waht to get, but i think i have a source of some good true percs lined up!

Archived