Cultivated Reef

Calurpa

police

harbingerofthefish
hmm odd, lfs sell it for $10-$15!!!

damn! one LFS near me has it for $2 a fist and I though that was a pretty steep price for schwag from thier tanks.

I can understand charging for shipping the weed but to add even more cost to something that you must take out of your tank, lest it start creeping up, out of the tank, and onto the walls of your home, that is nuts.

stuff pretty spendy in the NW. i don't think ya could ship for 4-5 bucks though this time of year unless ya want a popcicle. add it to your salad, gives it a nice tang!:P

if you look around you can usually find it cheap or for free. i got some clippings from espi and a friend. However a lot of places sell it for a lot more than police is selling it for. I currently have 5 types of macro. I have a considerable amount of 3 of them. I don't consider police's price bad. the way the market works is if you don't like the price you don't make a purchase. spsfrags sells bags for 10 dollars each. I'm sure you guys don't flame him. it's not like police is taking advantage of anyone selling them "rock anemone."

tgrupert

Hey thanks. Yeah I guess I need to move and yes it does seem everything up here in NW is a lot cheaper then rest of country, but I once went to LA and wow!!

• 2 weeks later...

i think its only one species that is illegal. and thats culerpa taxfolia or grape culerpa. but i have heard of the fish and game walking into a LFS in northern cali and taking everything they had regardless of species. i grew up on the northern cali coast and did plenty of surfing and skim boarding and the water anit that warm that i could see it surviving around there. maybe down in southern area its plenty warm enough to survive.

reff riot I heard grape is the only one causing a problem, yet they wanted to outlaw ALL types. i'm not sure what the final law was. I'm thinking of getting together like a dozen different types of macro in my fuge and selling it. so far I have five very different types. I think having that much diversity can help prevent crashing.

ya know what is turtle grass? is it that macro that looks like miniture kelp? flat long leaves that just grow up?if so i have a little bit if not i would like to know what it is. a LFS in Salem has tons of it growing in there main tanks. you always seem to get a bit when you buy something from them!

Archived