inTank Media Baskets

Hey guys just thought I would give a heads up about LiveAquaria rock

Hazenwolf

I baught the 45 lb fiji premium cured rock. Its been in the tank for two weeks now. I got several large pieces eve one that I had to split apart in two because it was to big for the 29 gallon tank.

Thus far I have yet to see any bad critters but I am not that experinced enough to know if I did. My tank is undergoing a diatome outbreak I think, its brown algae looks like rust. I bought ten Mexican Turbo snails and with 4 days the entire tank glass was cleaned. They even ate some of the hair algae that was growing on one of the rocks.

I think the quality of the Live rock from Liveaqauria was not bad for the money when compared to the stuff I bought from my LFS. Since it was only 90 bucks to start with, every where else it was at least 150 not shipped for the same amount. I have yet to have any deaths of any fish or crustys which I am proad of. I have been working my tail off to make sure of that. The third day after putting in the rock my ammonia levels spiked and some of the fish were stressed out badly. But I did a 5 gallon water change and since then my levels have been somewhat stabled and the fish are back to arguing,eating and playing again. I have only added to my tank three striped and domino damsels as fish go. I also have add a coral banded and pepermint. I have not seen the peppermint in a few days now but I think he is alright and probably afraid of the banded. I also add a emerald crab and 1 strea and 10 mexican turbo snails.

I have also aquired the lights from Freshwater thanks bud. I bought his canopy and his lights which have dramatically changed the tanks coloration. Everything seems to love the lights. I know when putting lights on it increases algae outbreaks but I was hopen to save some of the life that came on the rock by doing so.

I guess my finale questions would be with 2 55k lights one (1)10k and 1(actinic) what kind of corals would you recommend for me to start with. I really like the mushrooms and polyps and recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone is selling a skimmer I am in the market for one please email me.

Archived