Coral Vue Hydros

What to put in 10 Gallon

Nic

Hey everyone,

I have had 6 pounds of LR in my new 10 gallon for about a week and a half now and am noticing that it is turning a greenish color. I can see little patches of green plants all over it. Now to the question, I am planning on buying another 12 pounds tonight and was wondering what I would be able to put in within the next week.

Thanks

what kind of lighting?? Start out with a clean up crew (snails and crabs). i would wait until your tank has been running for a while, but you could probally add a couple mushrooms or other hardy corals. Damsels are hardy too, but are aggressive. This is just my .02 cents though

Depends on whether or not the LR is cured. IF it is, less recycling time is required, however, be aware that any biological load will require time for your system to adjust to process the waste.

I would recommend starting with a few snails. I don't really recommend hermits at all anymore, when they get hungry they bother everything, kill snails, and in general will move around any small frags you have in a nano. Although they will eat anything, most species much prefer meat.

Just start slowly and monitor NH4+, NO2-, and NO3- levels to get an idea of how your system is adjusting.

Right now I have a stock canopy hood on with a 20 watt 10,000K saltwater bulb, but am planning on purchasing a 2x36 PC very soon. I just bought 13 pounds of more LR with several nice colonies of coraline algea, a few tubeworms, and several snails etc. I think in total I have around 14 pounds LR, this should be suitable right?

Also, does anyone have any Xenia frags they may want to sell? I was told this would be something good to start off with.

Thanks

Originally posted by Fant

Water

you sir.... are a funny monkey. :happy:

A reply after my own heart!

upon seeing the title and reading his post.....

I have to say Shenanagans !

Archived