Pod Your Reef

Pics from trip to Atantis Marine Wold

Pili

Ok, the reef tank is huge!! And its stocked really nicely also, almost no regular, brown looking corals to be seen! Definatly recomend making the trip there if you are in the NY or NJ area!

Pics.

Small Anemone Dominated Reef

Aquarium1.jpg

Main Reef

aquarium3.jpg

Aquarium5blasto.jpg

aquarium4wrasse.jpg

aquarium6sps.jpg

Right Side

Aquarium2RightMain.jpg

Left Side

Aquarium8Left_side.jpg

Full Tank Shot (yes, thats one tank!)

aquarium7FTS.jpg

I have tons of picture but those are the ones that turned out better (some taken by me, some taken by my brother, sebea).

The rest of the exhibits are bery nice also and i would say this the nicest aquarium that we have been too yet (not the biggest but the quality is there).

Man that full blown reef looks awesome...

We have the aquarium of the pacific out here and it is kind of boring...Their tropical reef tank is pretty nice though

fluidimagery

Great Pics Pili

Where are you from? I live about 10 minutes from Atlantis, I believe that reef is the largest in the states (20,000 gal) I may be wrong but I think it has around 25,000 watts over it, breathtaking to see in person. If you didn't do it, I suggest taking the behind the scenes tour, ridiculous! I saw some pics a while back of the lighting and skimming (mostly custom made by the curator there).

I'm from westchester county so it was a bit of a drive but it was a nice day trip. I didnt realize there is a behind the scenes tour! Next time my family goes down there i will have to give them a call before we go.

Yes, those are all anemones travisurfer! Some of them were easily 2-3 feet wide.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm interesting how the anemones from the first tank are so... comfortable around each other, even though they are all clumped together

For the west costers, if you have never been to Monteray Bay Aquarium in Monteray Bay California you should check it out. I have been there a half dozen times and it is phenomonal! Well worth the drive and I live in iowa!

Archived