Innovative Marine Aquariums

Trip to NAIB

willlgr1

Hey everyone,

Took a trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore today. Had a great time, the new exhibits, Australia and the frog were pretty cool. Took tons of pictures with the new camera....Nikon D50....

....So on with the show, here's some of the better one i got, i took around 200 pics so if anyone has any requests i might have a pic....

First off.....The planted tank in the Barnes and Noble at Power Plant

BNTank.JPG

BN2.JPG

The new look...

outsideviewofaquarium.JPG

croc.JPG

Brichardi.JPG

more pics...

discus.JPG

grasses.JPG

lizard.JPG

nocturnalfrog.JPG

terribis.JPG

ok, so this is a saltwater forum, so here's the saltwater pics....

anemone.JPG

clownfishpair.JPG

coralandbutterfly.JPG

dendros.JPG

majesticangel.JPG

SeaHorse.JPG

critiques?....critcism?

this is my first time going out and really trying to get some good shots, so any opinions are more than welcome

i liked the first photo as well as the mantella looking frog and the lizard. i think some of them need to have a little better focus physicaly, other just need better focus as far as subject matter. for example, i think the discus and angel shot would be good if you cropped the discus out and just had it of the angels. they were in better focus and were better specimens.

otherwise, perhaps the white balance was off on a few, but im no expert with that.

i think i can tell what photos you were interested in taking, the whitish looking frog, the lizard and the blue face. those show exceptional focus on the subject, they show how you- probably- were most interested in getting a photo of those.

thats my two pennies. :) what camera are you using?

thanks guys

i was using my new camera, nikon d50....no flash on any pic

i did have a hard time getting it to focus on some things, both on auto and manual focus

ok, i'll admit, i'm a herpetologist by heart, been that way for over 10 years, so yeah, my interests do lay there more than reefs....plus it was way easier to get a good shot of a non-moving frog or lizard than a constantly moving fish, lol

the new exibit was nice, i already knew most of what was going in it since i saw everything in the warehouse a few years ago when i interned there. i enjoyed the new frog exhibit a little more than australia, probably because it wasn't quite as crowded in that part....recommendation, wait till mid jan. to go, all the little kids will be back in school and not bumping into you as your trying to take a picture!

thanks guys!

Archived