Coral Vue Hydros

For your visual stimulation...

GilliganFx

7g bow, live rock, live sand, penguin mini, green(ish) frogspawn, xenia, ricorda, bubble, red mushroom, some green stoney coral, yellow watchman goby, percula clown, scooter blenny, emerald crab, cleaner shrimp, green and velvet starfish, brittle star, too much green algae, not enough macro algae, im sure theres more... oh yes, snails, hermits.. powerheads.. lights (32w powercompact 50/50 + 18" actinic").. oh and i guess you guys want to see pictures too..

Hey,

I edited your pic to identify the snail and for you to tell me where you got a particular type of starfish from. If it was just a hitchhiker on your rock, where did you get your rock from and where did it originate from (Figi, Tonga, Marshall Island, etc)? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a really nice FAVIA brain ya got there. I have a few myself. Sadly Im loosing my oldest one to a black band algal creep infection. they are hardy. THey can put out sweeper tenticles that can expand amazingly large in excess of 4 inches if needed, so keep an eye on it.

EDIT: That snail is an ovid egg cowrie. they can be coral munchers, so keep an eye on it. that leather kenya capnellia tree looks mighty tasty.

yea xenia... not too worry about the cowrie eating it though, he decided to die.. and yea that favia puts out literally hundreds of sweepers but they seem pretty weak in comparison to some of the other corals' sweepers..

Archived