Cultivated Reef

Will the '05 hood fit on the '06 tank?

horseflesh

I asked JBJ this question in email but never heard back from them. If the '06 has the same dimensions and no cracking problems, I may buy just the tank part and move my stuff over as a precaution. That would be a lot cheaper than buying a new aquapod or '06 cube.

Nanocustoms listed the '05 tank as a ~$75 part, hopefully the '06 will be no more than that.

Anyone in the know?

Hi there,

Well, I know from experience. The 2005 hood and the 2006 hoods are different mountings to attach to, and the hold-up clips are completely different. I know this because I recently changed out tanks from a 2005 to a completely new 2006. I was able to obtain a free replacemnt from my local LFS because of a few hairline cracks that were in my tank from JBJ. Any other quesitions, please let me know. I'll try to help you out if possible. Sincerely, Tkudlik

I asked JBJ this question in email but never heard back from them. If the '06 has the same dimensions and no cracking problems, I may buy just the tank part and move my stuff over as a precaution. That would be a lot cheaper than buying a new aquapod or '06 cube.

Nanocustoms listed the '05 tank as a ~$75 part, hopefully the '06 will be no more than that.

Anyone in the know?

Hi - I think it really depends on if you are talking 12 or 24g Nanocubes.

I have had the 2006 12g DX models in my shop for about 3 weeks and in my experience, the canopys are identical with respect to hinges and overal external design. There are some wiring and circuitboard differences, but this is independent of the mounting of the canopy on the 06 tank.

with respect to tkudliks post

tkudlik - which tank do you have? the 24g had a canopy revision in 2005, versus the 2004 model, which had hinges permanently attached to the tank.

Let me know

Hope this helps

Chris

I am installing a new hood on my first gen NC. As suggested by nanotuners, I will be removing the lip to circumvent any possible problems. You should be able to do the same.

Archived