Cultivated Reef

My Eclipse 6 nano

fbonepsb

hey everyone, here are some pix of my tank. pls tell me if you have any suggestions ^_^

Specs

Tank: Eclipse 6 gal

Light: CSL 2x32w complete hood

Filtration: Red Sea Prizm protein skimmer

1 Rio50 pump, one 125gph power head-->too powerful for this small tank...blowing up all the live sand, had to turn it off

Tronic 50w heater

9.5 lb of Tonga live rock

10 lb live sand

Inhabitants

1 percula clownfish, 1 sebae clownfish & sebae anemone, 1 red head goby, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1hawaiian feather duster, 1 white/purple feather duster worm, 1 candy cane frag, 1 hammer frag, 1 bubble, 1 cat's eye, 1 acropora, 1 pulsing xenia, 1 pink goniopora, 1 green hairy mushroom, 1 emerald crab, trochus snail, several blue leg hermit crabs, astrea and bumble bee snails.

Awesome scaping, but it's time to bust out the weedwhacker. Ask Ross90210 about it, he HATES algae...

hey, three fish in a 6. I think that's borderline overdose of bioload - unless you're not feeding them. May have something to do w/ the algae growing - how's your readings? Realize that all bioload not decomposed and digested is like fertilizer to algae. Your fuzzy algae's miracle grow.

thx ajroahkni

actually i put in an emerald crab trying to stop the hair algae from growing...and the first day he seems to be doing his job...but afterward i can't even find him anymore...and now the algae is just growing like crazy!!!! SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEE!!!

oh yeah here is a pic of my starfish, taken poorly without the flash =b

actually the pH reading is always about 8.2, and ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are zero. and I try to not overfeed them..so i really need some help on cleaning that algae, and it only grows on that rock, the growing rate is scaring me now :o

i got the 15" 2x32w abs hood with the fan. yes it does make some noise when it's on, but it's not a problem for me because my computer makes even more noise than the light when it's on (it has 6 fans). that's just my opinion tho'

hope you'll get used to that noise soon.

Guest AbSoluTc

There is something wrong with this.

Im not going to give compliments on your tank. I can't do it. From the looks of it, your sandbed is brand new or damn near close to it. It also looks like you have "rushed" into setting this tank up.

NOT GOOD AT ALL

You have cyano, diatoms and hair algae. You also have an SPS that appears to be fully bleached, getting ready to be covered in algae.

SLOOOOOW DOWN

I (speak for myself here) am not impressed and can not give compliments on tanks that look shotty, rushed, and underage. I hate to say that, but it's true.

NANO REEFING IS NOT A CONTEST

No, it's not. It is not about the biggest, bestest, badest, most colorful tank. Its about beauty, science and life. As well as dedication, devotion and learning. All of which are vital to ANY healthy system.

REEFS ARE NOT LEGOS

Please, take a step back and asest your tank. Upgrade your lighting, get more live rock, get your sandbed seeded. I understand there might be an age or money restriction, but if you can't do it right - please - spare the lives of the inhabitants and DON'T DO IT AT ALL!

Rant OFF

I have to agree completely with AbSoluTc on this tank. You really need to take a few steps back. How old is this tank? It does show many of the the signs of a young tank. Also the stocking really too high for that size tank. I would cut it back to one fish definitly. Also the acro really needs a better home if it isn't already dead. As for the other corals, I think you will have some serious problems with over crowding in about 3 months.

Please do some additional reading on this site and try to develop a more reasonable tank. My first and foremost rule in this hobby is to develop and exercise patience above all else.

Good luck and welcome.

Archived