Cultivated Reef

testing??

ace

well u need to test the water to see if the tank has finished cycling. i didnt do any water changes during the cycle. i dont know if i should advise you to or not. let others answer this question.

theres a clown fish following my mouse cursor. never seen that one before.

Water changes during the amonia cycle will only prolong it. as for testing you can start Day 1 and watch the progress of the cycle by testing every other day. Doing this a couple of times really made me get a feel for what was going on and when the different bacterias kicked in. Kinda interesting really.

HTH,

Toy

Unless you bought critters and stuff, its not really essential to do tests during the cycle.  Just let the rocks cycle, everything will take thier course.

I am not going to bother test.  I have just bought my rocks too.  They are mostly cured anywau.  I will just wait a few weeks, and then make a final test and after that would I start to add stuff to the tank.

i didnt test for the first two weeks. but if you are interested in watching your cycle and seeing how it goes then you should test every couple of days. the cycle will take anywhere from 3days with fuly cured rock, live sand and matured water to a month if nothing was cured so it is up to you as to how long you wait to test.

Archived