ReefCleaners.org

Lighting a 5.5

shawnkenn

Hi I've been watching and reading alot now I think I'am ready for my first shot with a nano and I have a question, will 2 bookworm lights be enough to light a 5.5 gallon tank,I would like to keep some corals like: pulsing xenia,frog spawn,mushrooms,polyps.I have kept SW tanks before but never anything this small. Thanks for any help you can give me shawnkenn.

quiksilver5768

EDIT

Go to your local home depot and check out these cheap buys...

A211522_3.JPG

These are great lights and ive heard that they fit perfectly onto a 5.5 gal. Or it may be a 2.5 gal...hmmm... Go to home depot and see the dimensions. If it is the right dimensions for a 5.5 gal, I would highly suggest this. All you have to do is put it on your tank and since it already has a cover in front of the bulb...your fine...

Go to your local home depot and check out these cheap buys...
Better idea - call 'em first before you waste a trip. Not all Home Depots have them (I know - I wasted a trip).

To answer your question, yup, two bookworms will be fine for what you want to keep. I'm about to order a second bookworm for a 5-gal myself.

Thank You for the quick replys I have 2 of the bookworms already. I walked into a Home Depot in my area and they were on the shelves, haveing seen then talked about on this site I bought them :). Now to put a tank under them. I've had a 55gal FWLR and a 70gal FO tank a few years ago hope all goes well. and once again Thank You for the quick reply. shawnkenn

Archived