ReefCleaners.org

Has anyone used Kick-Ich?

J-Bass

I was wondering if anyone has used Kick-Ich by Ruby Reef. If so, how effective was it? It's reef safe and contains no copper. I plan to move just the rock and livestock in my 29gal to my new 40gal. My flame angel awhile back had ich but that went away. I'd like to treat the 29gal with Kick-Ich before moving all the stuff to the new tank. I'll be adding more live rock, about 15-20 more lbs. So how effective is it and is it worth the $24.99 price a bottle the LFS here are selling it for?

p.s. Where da white women at?

also, 2 of "my" all-time greatest films.... 1) Blazing Saddles 2) Willy Wonka's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

LOL, nice pic! NOT.... but you could remove the old lady and insert hhasty79. ;) So her, the plate of food, and a 6-pack of your fav. beer and you're set!

I did a lot of research for a "reef-safe" ich treatment and posted a long winded summary of my findings long ago. Alas, I fear it was among the lost posts' from one of the site renovations.

I read too many bad things about kick-ich to try it, mostly that it made your fish sick (i.e., further stressed it) to initiate an immune response to help the fish fight the disease, many people seemed to think the kick-ich only sped up the death of their fishes.

I e-mailed as many people as I could find that had experience with marine-max (which I ordered on-line for about $12) and people had good results with zero side effects. Many also said it was similar in forulation to the more expensive reef vital DNA which they success using to cure ich.

I ended up using marine-max (which is composed of pro-biotic bacteria--which is an odd name because it seems that they acually be active in killing the free-living stages of parasites which seems more anti-biotic than pro) and garlic extract. I added the garlic to all the foods I fed. It was a Centropyge acanthops (african flameback angel) that had a minor ich infestation (about 20-30 spots per side). It cleared up within about 3-4 days of treatment and was never seen again. I noticed no ill effects of the treatment on my corals and inverts which included many shrimp and crabs as well as LPS, SPS, leathers, coralimorphs, zooanthids...the whole bit.

Dave: If you post a picture like that again, I will refuse to let any post die that I see you complaining about, they will live forever (or at least until that image is purged from my mind...which ever comes first).

Originally posted by sjpresley

Dave: If you post a picture like that again, I will refuse to let any post die that I see you complaining about, they will live forever (or at least until that image is purged from my mind...which ever comes first).

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHA !

yeah I figured Id share my misery as well..... :D

I luvz you guysz....

Just be thankfull I didn't post the milk man.... LMAO

Archived