Top Shelf Aquatics

My reef at 4 months

Mnesarchus

It's almost 4 months since I set up my 10g nano, so I thought I would show some pics to the members and get their opinions. Yesterday I got some GSP for $40 (about the size of a human hand), and some macroalgae to outcompete my microalgaes.

The Tank:

4months.jpg

The Torch and my rock, getting some nice corraline on it now:

edge001.jpg

My first coral, the candycane:

candycane001.jpg

Blue shroom closeup:

shroom001.jpg

Another:

shroom002.jpg

The latest edition, sold as 'Metallic Green Star Polyps':

gsp001.jpg

gsp002.jpg

gsp003.jpg

gsp004.jpg

gsp005.jpg

Nice. The torch is very tidy looking. Almost looks like you manicure the tentacles :)

Watch those star polyps up there. They're gonna spread all over (the candycane isn't going to like that). I put mine up top like that too (cause it looks good), but I'm kicking myself for it now.

Originally posted by Satchmo

Nice.  The torch is very tidy looking.  Almost looks like you manicure the tentacles :)

Watch those star polyps up there.  They're gonna spread all over (the candycane isn't going to like that).  I put mine up top like that too (cause it looks good), but I'm kicking myself for it now.

Where would you reccomend I move it (anywhere that is blank in the top pic)?

Up to you. Some people put the rock they're on isolated in the sand so it can't really spread. I'm with you though, I think they look best top-rear, more of a background coral. You can leave it- it looks great. Just that it's a chore peeling them off the rock. And eventually (sooner rather than later) you're either gonna have to move the candycane or spend a bit of time trimming back the stars regularly. What macro is that top-right?

Originally posted by Satchmo

What macro is that top-right?

It was sold to me as 'Caulerpa' - not very specific. My Emerald crab is feasting on it, though :*(

Archived