Pod Your Reef

Where to be premade nano's?

clown trigger

clown trigger

I could have sworn there used to be a link on this site for a place that built little premade nano's. Can't seem to find it.

I'm looking for something around 10 gallons or less.

Setting up a tank for my breeding pair or false percs...some rock and maybe a couple of corals. Looking for the simpliest set up.

Was thinking about those via aqua tanks but can't find those either.....

clown trigger

It's a little more involved than that. LOL!

But thanks anyway.

Is Chris DEFINITELY not building them anymore?

If I remember them correctly, they were REALLY nice.

For clowns? Tank, pump, rock, water. Dat's it, the minimalist's dream tank.

And yes, he's definitely not selling them anymore. If you PM him, maybe there's some surplus somewhere he can track down for you. Last I heard, I believe he was looking into selling his design and kicking back in Barbados with the royalty checks. I'm jealous. The guy grabbed this nano thing and ran with it. When I was 18 I was a pothead alcoholic leaping fences with the cops in chase. Come to think of it, not much has changed except the fence thing.

clown trigger

Well I'm gonna keep some coral and polyps in the tank.........probably stuff I'll just frag out of my 90 gallon.

That's kind of why I wanted something premade....something that comes with a lighting canopy. No time for DIY.

By the way, I emailed Chris and his mail rejected.

Take a look at one of the sponsors :

www.wetdryfilter.com

one of the regulars here bought a 20 gallon nano tank (custom built) from him and it looked nice. I believe he's now offering that as a standard item.

Also I bought one from this guy that sells on Ebay a lot and it is drop dead gorgeous. Haven't set it up yet but will be moving contents of my 6 gallon there in a week or two:

http://images.auctionworks.com/fullView.as...e_tanks0005.jpg

It's an 18 gallon cube and I had him throw some PC lights and a fan in the hood for a small charge too. Really really nice workmanship and you have space in the back to do all kinds of wacky filtration things.

Here is a pic of the 25 gallon flat back hex he advertises too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20755

Not sure how he gets them so cheap they sell for several hundered more from mail order. He seems to have one or two for sale a month.

Also CPR used to make a neat looking mini reef tank but it has either been discontinued or is very hard to find:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/thestore/pr...s/MRT-TANK.html

Also I think either Sea Clear or Tenecor makes decent nano tanks but a little more pricey.

Technoshaman, those are nice looking but correct me if I am wrong, aren't they all acrylic? Nice tanks but I wouldn't use any of them as reef tanks, that is if they are acrylic, it doesn't say they are but it doesn't say they are glass either..

Yep, most are. I really don't have a problem with the scratching on acrylic I'm careful. The royal pain is cleaning them and not scuffing them up when doing it. I think the guy at www.wetdryfilter.com is the only one out of those links who sells glass tanks. They look nice though.

I just remembered some other nice glass nano workable tanks. Check out the Via Aqua tanks at www.commodityaxis.com (they can be ordered online) or the new azoo tank they have at foster and smith.

Archived