Innovative Marine Aquariums

I think I found a Parasite on my Clown Fish

Jose68

I have a cleaner fish who recently lost it's long Antenae for no apparent reason.. I'm hoping its a stage in his molting process..... any how I digress...

My Clown is hosting in my Frog spawn and has been for several months... today I found a "bump" in what would best be described as his arm pit (on the body, under the front fin) any way I know I've seen a picture of this thing on NR but i can't seem to find it. The Parasite has dug under the scales of the fish and looks like a tick would on a human partially out and head in side... what am I going to do abouT this? Will this kill the CLown... He's been really health and really territorial... he chases my maroon clown when he get s too close to the frog spawnn... by the way he is a tank raised false percula... Please send me the links of the thread if you guys can find that talks about these parasites.. I really tried but there are so many threads on this thing... the search came up with nothing either...

www.wetwebmedia.com or google.com and search for it.

then treat it if that is what is required.

ive never heard of any lesion like that being harmful to the life of the animal. personally, i wouldnt worry too much about it.

as always, good water quality and a great diet will keep the fish in top form and able to fight off any disease.

Archived