inTank Media Baskets

New toy, now what to do w/ it

Glenn

I just got a single 400w MH ballast from a job and now I'm fishing for idea's on what to do with it. I think the capacitor that it has will fire the Euro bulbs and the higher k bulbs also (if not I know were I can get one that will).

I'm definitely thinking clams and sps. Just can't decide on what system to incorporate it into. Maybe a 29 gal. or I have a 20L that would be shallow enough that even the most light loveing corals would be satisfied. :P

So lets hear some ideas!

Nice. 400w- don't worry about the tank depth. Stick it over a small bowfront, that would make an awesome SPS/clam display. Always thought the cube tanks were pretty sweet too.

quiksilver5768

I suggest you make some sort of pendant or custom hood and put it over the 29 gal. It would be ok over a 20 HIGH but i think IMO, a 400 watt MH over a 20 long is a little too intense. Not even close to impossible but I would rather put it on a 20 gal. Go for a 20K radium, after their burn in time (a few weeks) they have a very nice little white tint too their main bluish color unlike when you first fire them up and everything being dark blue...

Archived