Top Shelf Aquatics

visa jet venturi kit

Cam barr

hey ive heard your can get a kit to modify i visa jet 600 into a ventri pump for a skimmer if so whare and i find one of these kits thanks

cam

cam,

You may want to check your source again... I'm thinking you might be thinking of a Rio 600. To my knowledge the Visi-Jets only has a model 200 and 300. The visi's venturi feature works by sucking air down through the flow adjustment knob... which actually will produce some great bubble action but they have a flat discharge outlet.... the only skimmer I know of you can hook one up to is the aptly named Visi-Jet protein skimmer, um designed to fit the flat discharge.

Try searching for your kit for the Rio...

EDIT ... oh btw, the venturi kit for the Rio is called an "RVT" kit. It replaces the intake plate so the air is drawn in there and chopped up by the impeller as opposed to the normal sucking in of air via an airline on the output tube.... um hope dat helped

hey guys thanks for the help thats exactly what im lookin for will it work on a maxi 600 im just lookin to switch my loud rio to a maxi jet 600 this is what preamum says Includes an Aquarium Systems Turbo Venturi Intake, tubing and Micro air control valve*.

Easily convert your MJ750,1000, 900 or 1200 model Maxijet into a Intake Venturi system, simular to Rio's RVT skimmer pumps. Results is a high performance skimmer pump that is perfect for CPR Bakpak's, KNOP skimmers, or your own design.

hesres the pic too cam b

actually i have never used one of these. i don't know if the intake port of the 600 is the same size of the 900/1200. if it is then i will work.

i myself, couldn't see spending 4.95 on something that basically comes with the ph. what i have done is use the large intake screen that came with the maxijet and sliced two of the "little bars" and stuck the airline tubing into the hole, and used the air control valve that came with the ph. viola, instant venturi pump.

now if you are trying to get rid of the gurgling/whisling sound that the rio makes, this isn't going to do it. but you will have a more reliable pump though. hth

the gurgaling sound comes from the air coming into the ventri tube i have found a way around this

you get a film contaner like the little black ones and rubber cement or super glue the top on the you drill a hole in the top and botton of the film canister what happens is you have a real nice chamber take teh feed line from the ph and shick it into teh botton of the can the cet an inch of tubing and have that coming out of the top of the can what u ahve is a real nice bug chamber and no air restriction thus nice quiet ph

cam b

Archived