Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gulf-View Rocks!

CRG

Not that it comes as a surprise to anyone who has seen Gulf-View live rock, but I just wanted to enforce that fact that this stuff is awesome. I just received 30lbs. of coraline rock for $129.99 shipped to my door. The rock is completely covered in coraline and many other organisms, which I've yet to identify.

Bottom line: great service, fast shipping, reasonable pricing, and unbelievable rock!

• 1 year later...
carcynogen

I just wanted to share my experiences also.

I was looking to purchase live rock, either from Tbs, Harbor Aquatics, or Gulf-View.. Now Harbor never answered my email (i tried twice)...i have no complaints..she could have been busy..but maybe in an internet-centered business customers will be lost when emails are not replied. Tbs was very nice, gave me prompt responses, but Gulf-View blew me away.

Dale did alot more than simplified answers to my annoying newbie questions. He gave me quick, super fast responses (sometimes 30 minutes after i wrote), and then a few days later he told me he had just gone rock-picking and picked out the shapes and sizes that were just right for my requests!! And then, after more annoying questions on my part, he suggested that for my tank i should purchase the coraline rock instead of his more expensive deco rock (which i was considering), and that would suite me better. This guy is not out to sell for all the money he can get, but instead sincerely makes suggestions based on what will make me happy!

I was thinking..what is this guy thinking?? He's refusing extra money?? And then when i finally placed my order, he called to confirm a shipping date that i wanted to make sure i'd be there to collect when it arrived.

I was treated like a super VIP for the measly 30lbs that i ordered, with rock and suggestions tailored just for me, at my front door the day after i placed my order! Now that's a customer-driven company!! And if he treats my silly little order with such respect, i imagine he does the same with everyone else and maybe more. He's so busy collecting rock, updating his website, and he still has the time to cater to every miniscule need the customer has. all i can say is WOW.

Oh and the rock...whew..just as beautiful and full of life as any aquacultured florida rock, but mine were big FLAT slabs that i wanted, and some with caves large enough for my future fish to hide in.

I have to say, i live in s. cali where walt smith reigns supreme, and i could have gotten fiji at a much cheaper price, but this rock was well worth it. the rock actually convinced one of my friends to start a reef of his own after looking with awe at my tank. (yes he'll be buying from dale later on)

ok..sorry for the long post...but Dale is a super+++ in quality and customer service. and when products and prices are comparable, i will always pick the company with the best customer service.

happy newbie Cyn

Archived