Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

galaxy and fire anenome

pam

I saw a green galaxy coral and a fire anenome that are at my lfs any info on them?

I know the fire anenome can sting me but any harm to my goby or clown?

And I read the galaxy has sweepers, how long are they?

Thanks,

wanted to check before I got them

pam

what size tank do you have? i really dot recommend keeping an anenome in a nano because if it can sting you it can and will move around and sting other corals...i would stray away from the anenome...i am not too familiar with galaxia though so i wont coment on that.

I've handled about a hundred anemones and have never felt a sting, Maybe I'm lucky but I think human skin is tough to get through.

Toy

yup, if you handle it correctly it wont hurt you...

the only way that you will get affected by the sting is when it gets you right at the back of your hand...or should i say back of your palm...."whatever" you know what i mean...hehe

which has the thinest skin throughout your hand...i have seen a friend and uncle get stung on that area...and phew, it does look painful, after a few days.

mike

i have been stung on my forearm and inbetween my fingers. different people are affected differently by it. i am only stung by fire anenomes and carpet anenomes. i have handled hundreds of anenomes and have luckily been stung only about 3 times.

Archived