Innovative Marine Aquariums

Why don't I follow my own advice?

Crakeur

I have said a thousand times, if things are going well, don't mess with it. So, I sat, staring at my tank and revelling in the polyp extension and growth of the tiny acro frag I picked up a few months ago and I noticed that Satchmo's steroid monster xenia frag had started to take over the area surrounding the acro. So, I decided to move the acro to a more visible and safer area. I come home from a meeting last night and my acro is upside down and sitting on my hammer coral. I return the acro to the new spot, re-glue it in place and notice deatha nd decay had already begun. This morning, the tips looked ok but I doubt the poor thing will make it.

So, I am saying it again for the last time. If things are going well, do not fruck with them!

This was a beaut of a coral too.

fortunately, I have a monaghan order coming tomorrow (hydno for you satch).

sorry to hear that crak. i'm always futzing around when i shouldn't. just missing being electrocuted, glass breaking (it did actually X) ), or killing something completely healthy and vibrant.

you might want to try the higher flow option and increased iodine dosing (double imo). it's probably sliming a bit in defense right now. good luck with it. :(

nope, it's dying. Sadly, my futzing almost always ends up killing something.

tomorrow I put the new stuff in and I will not put my hands into the tank for any reason other than to clean it.

Must......keep.....hands......out......of......tank......when.....tank.....is...

..doing......well......

X)....crap.....must......get.......hands......wet.......must......move.....coral

.....:x

I hate it when I do that too.

Cameron

Sorry that xenia is causing you so many problems. If you yell at it in a deliberate and authoritative voice, it sometimes backs down. That hydno order is coming tomorrow? Damn, you waste no time :) PM me your phone number again (although I'm pretty sure I have it home) and I'll give you a call tonight.

Archived