Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bear's 2.5 Pico

BearCub

Starting a pico, 2.5 gallon tank.

I keep looking at the 2.5 gallon tank and thinking how much smaller it is when I hold it up next to my 75 live rock tank that I'm use to looking at.

After christmas I'll figure out where I want to start building this thing...and I'll post pictures and such.

right now I'm planning on

2.5 gallon glass tank

Mini Aqualight, 18 watts

Lunar light

Nano Hang on filter

live rock

live sand

Macro algae

some colony polyps

I have:

2.5 Gallon Tank, with glass top

Nano Hang on Filter

Nano Cube Pump

I'd keep teh macro algae out or it might go sexual and kill everything. With a 2.5, you could go with the colony polyps (zoas, gsp, etc), or with smaller shrooms, which I think would totally rock. Your lighting should be fine for 99% of the softies you'll find.

I have the Nano hang on, which should supply enough flow and can have a carbon sock in it...I'll probally move some of that dragon stuff into my tank for looks and take a piece of liverock from my 75gallon, but I think leaving out the macro algae sounds good.

A lady asked me why I need a 2.5 if I have a 75gallon...I told her it's because it's a challenge.

There's a great quote on this site somewhere: "Who knew that a box of water could be this much fun?" And I agree.

11.89 for the 2.5 gallon tank,

9.99 for the nano hang on.

My friend gave me an added pump which was in his Nano cube. He agrees with you that a little more flow might help. I don't believe it could hurt.

Thank you for your advice and comments, and keep them coming!

:welcome: BearCub!

and you are right... there is something addictive about this hobby as you are finding out. pretty soon you will have more pico/nano tanks around the house, in the office etc... Just wait :)

Again :welcome: !

TrekBear

Archived