Pod Your Reef

PetSmart Misprint on 36 and 16 bowfronts

fluidimagery

I came across this last night, maybe some of you are interested. Circular from 11/30/2005

"***CONFIRMED*** (See pages 2+)

First slickdeal, but I think you guys will like it.

PetSmart had an error in their last circular. Go to their .com and click on Online Circular at the bottom of the page. On page 6, they have two aquariums listed. The description of the aquariums incorrectly states that it includes the matching stand. Normal price on the 36 corner aquarium is $179.99 plus $199.99 for the stand. The 16 bowed is $79.99 plus $89.99 for the stand. You can pick up the actual circular in any store.

Their corporate office is aware of the mistake, and has told stores to honor any customer requests!(but please do not let them know that you know!) You might have to fuss about it, but the stores will reduce the price of the stand to $0 on your receipt. DO NOT CALL CORPORATE! The in store managers will be happy to make you happy!

BONUS- Purchase the matching filter for each tank and stand combo, and you will get a Gift Card after MIR. $35 for the 16Gal, $60 for the 36Gal. Make sure you get the rebate form that should be stuck to the inside of the aquarium. All three items (tank, stand, and filter) must be on the same receipt to get the rebate.

SECOND BONUS- With every $30 you send, you get a coupon for $1 off your next visit, up to $5 off! I think you have to be a PetPerks member, but if you are not, sign up, it takes 2 minutes and it's FREE! This gives you $5 off with the 36gal, and $4 off the 16gal (total transaction price does not take into account the GC rebate). The coupon will print above your receipt! There is no minimum on the coupon (though the purchase cannot be less than the coupon), so it's just like an instant gift card to use on water conditioners and fish!

Regular price on the 36gal = 180 tank + 200 stand + 27 filter = $407

With GC and price mistake on the 36gal = 180 tank and stand + 27 filter - 60 GC - 5 Coupon= $142!

Regular Price on the 16gal = 80 tank + 90 stand + 60 decor filter = $230

With GC and price mistake on the 16gal = 80 tank and stand + 60 decor filter - 35 GC -4 Coupon= $101!

petsmart.shoplocal.com/petsmart/ should take you to the circular. Enter your ZIP and scroll to page 6.

Thanks Manchester for the attachment! Click it to bring up the circular!"

post-14286-1133959569_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i'm not seeing it....i see a price for the tank and hood, a separate price for the stand, another price for the filter, the gift card thing, and coupons.....so where's the wonderful deal you're showing us?...i mean 60 off a 36 gallon isn't bad, but i'm still seeing it for over almost 400 with stand tank and hood

I think the deal would be expired by now, was just curious if anyone used it.

Willlgr1 the deal mainly stated "The description of the aquariums incorrectly states that it includes the matching stand" Meaning the price posted $79.99 for 16 bow included the stand (normally 89.99)

Archived