Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Why nanos are like tattoos...

Chineseghoststory

Chineseghoststory

Because, as I have observed, you always want another one that is bigger and more elaborate. It starts with something small and simple but it just takes on a life of it's own after that. I just got my thus-far fish-only 7 gal. tank cycled and am already cosidering a ten or fifteen as the next step in addition to the 7. Jeez, and I haven't even added retrofitted custom reef-grade lighintg to the 7 yet. Oh my god where will it end....? Where will it end.......? (sob)

Jeff S.

Aquariums are like that in general ;)

It doesn't end until you're eating beans and macaroni, and all your money goes to the new latest fish food/light/aquarium style. You only heat your house so the fish will be happy. You only pay the power bill to light your tanks -- and the tank lights are the only lights in the house. You carpet is soaked with salt water spilled from water changes you feel compelled to do, and your coworkers swear you smell like the beach at low tide. In fact the only reason you can bear to spend 8 hours at work, away from your tanks, is that you need to save up for that 6000g reef so you can have that school of tangs you always wanted.

In the end they find you curled up in a fetal position on the floor of your fishroom, in front of the poor dried gobius expensivicus that jumped out while you were at work one day a week previous. You are so overcome by guilt that you babble incoherently about coral reef depletion and the cold white skeletons that stare at you with their tiny ghost polyps and when the men in the little white coast reach down to help you up you start screaming OH MY GOD the anemonae revengicus is reaching for you, ready to turn you to a sickly brown paste in its oral cavity here it comes with long sticky arms and the clowns, the CLOWNS ARE LAUGHING AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!

*cough*

Um. Yes. Well. So I've heard.

Archived