Cultivated Reef

40G Breeder Project

rjg

All,

I have finally decided on the tank I'm going to build and have started ordering parts and such. Below is a list of the planned equipment....

AGA 40G Breeder (back painted black)

Oceanic Stand (black)

Aqua Medic Oceanlight 250 with Phoenix 14k or XM 20k Bulb

Wave2K Short Center Unit, 13" tall instead of 16"

Cutting Board Bottom (black)

I will be running a sump on this tank as well, wish me luck on cutting my own holes in the tank! The sump details are as follows

AGA 20G Long

QuietOne 3000 Pump

Undecided on the skimmer

I will take pics of things as I work on them and add them to the thread for all to see. If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know!

Well, I don't have a stocking list yet, I figure I will have time for that while the rock is curing.. :D

I have had T5s (8 Bulb SLS) on my 120G and I didn't find them all that they were cracked up to be. I much prefer the shimmer and the response I had from the MH..

I may at some point decide to add another, but to start out with I plan on using only one so I can have different levels of lighting in different areas of the tank...

Well, I have been ordering parts this evening, so they should start to trickle in....

I have been planning parts of this for a while, so I already have the tank, stand, light, 20k XM bulb, I will probably buy a Phoenix though.

I have placed my order for the wave2k and the QO 3000 tonight and now I need to find some glass hole saws and plumbing stuff..

• 1 month later...

Archived