Pod Your Reef

Starting a 5G Pico

bunjiweb

Well you may think that after starting a successful Nano Reef I would go onto bigger things. Infact it has been the complete opposite and my newest project is turning the first tropical tank I ever bought into a "pico" reef.

I am not planning on having any fish in the tank, but I am thinking of putting my 4 sexy shrimps in there and seeing if i can breed them. At the moment it is ticking over and I have just popped in some spare Live-Rock pieces that i blagged from work to get it going.

The tank will probably sit for a few weeks before i think about doing anything else, but I will keep this thread updated when I do anything new.

The tank:

4.8G tank

13W Compact T5 Lighting / BlueMoon Night lighting

Resun filter with minature spray bar filled with crushed al###rog and a small sponge.

25W mini "sub" heater

Ben

post-14839-1133803498_thumb.jpg

polyps & mushrooms should grow ok, I have seen similar setups with the same lighting where polyps are thriving. Btw the light looks dimmer in the picture than it actually is. I turned the brightness down.

Anyway, here is a pic today with some LR in...

pico2.jpg

pico3.jpg

Ben

4 sexy shrimps, 2-3 turbo snails.

Thats it for the moment, dont think I will add much else other than corals. Once my tank is very mature i may consider a neon goby in there but for now shrimps and corals is all I want.

Ben

Archived