Coral Vue Hydros

My 10G Hood - Thanx glazer!!!

luv2jeep

Cool, the lighting is in! Woohoo and of course thank YOU!

Now flip that bad boy over and plop it on the tank and show 'em all how sexy it be.....lol

Woo Hoo! Hey, and that hood looks like a perfect height for your lighting. Lights too close to the water = problems...heat, light that looks too "white", etc.

I'm with Glazer...pop that bad boy on yer tank and show off those pics!

Is there a reason for not mounting the ballast outside the hood? The wiring should be OK for at least 6~8 feet. The heating factor would be a great payback I would think.

Is there a reason for not mounting the ballast outside the hood? The wiring should be OK for at least 6~8 feet. The heating factor would be a great payback I would think.

I mounted the ballast in the hood to reduce clutter. I have my tank in a computer desk/wall unit. So far, the temp swings from 78 to 82 max, so I'll prolly bump the heater back up to 80 so I am only getting a 2 degree swing during the photoperiod.

I'll get some pics of it on the tank this weekend. I was gonna last night, but I'm still embarassed how my tank looks after forgetting to plug in the auto top-off and losing 4 gallons! Half my corals are GONE! DOH!

But ... I can tell you it looks GREAT! Very clean-looking install!

Just so everyone knows... Mr. luv2jeep's hood is the last of it's kind for awhile.

Lots of pm's and emails in just the last day and the interest is very very much appreciated. Here is a post I put up awhile back that explains it.....

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=5902

As soon as I am back in business everyone here will be the first to know, I assure you that... as it will no longer be a hobby thing but my way to make a living, Ramen noodles may sustain you for a good long time but I got a taste for beef as well!..lol

So again thank you so much for the interest and I may add that there is indeed other members on the board here that make some fine hoods I must say... as one of them might say, "Do a search you 'tard or do I gotta wipe yer butt for you too?" Well he may not say it like that but I'd go out on a limb to say something about an ass would be involved...hehehehe

Wow, now that hood looks nice!! That certain someone that Glazer mentioned is making a hood for me right now-- from talking to him, I can tell he knows what he's talking about. The hood is due to be shipped by the beginning of next week, so I'll let everyone know what a good job 'you know who' does. I guarantee it's gonna be a sweet hood.

-Will

One more thing:

Over my many tanks in my reefing hobby, I have used MANY, MANY different brands of lighting. This was my first experience with AH Supply. Let me say that I was 150% impressed with what I received!

The quality was exceptional. The kit was complete WITH spare parts! No, it doesn't have fancy marketing, boxes, or a pretty enclosure. But, if you want a reasonably priced, quality PC light retrofit, give these guys a shot!

http://www.ahsupply.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived