Cultivated Reef

few questions please help

Omastar123

I was planning on building my own hood for a 10G and I need some help picking lights. I plan on keeping a baby clam but feeding him since he will be young. But I have to think about him when he gets older. I am going to get 2X36W lights. I also plan to keep a frogspawn or maybe a hammer. A lot of mushrooms, zoo’s and also some xenias. There are two places I can get the lights from. One is petsupplyliquidator.com I was thinking two cords with two switches. The second option is to get the ballast from ahsupply.com and the lights from hellolights.com Once I pick out where I am getting it from I have to pick out the lighting options.

1) 10,000K and an actinic 03

2) 10,000K and a 50/50 with 10,000K/ actinic

Sorry but what does the actinic light do for the corals? Thank you all for your help.

I want the lights to sit nicely in the hood and the one from petsupplyliquidator.com comes in its own little case.

I was also wondering what test kit I should get. I have read on the board that Seachem is a good one. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can buy one online. Also which one should I get? They have some that test two in one but I am looking for one that will cover all the areas or what areas I def need to cover.

Thanks for all your help. J J J J

Archived