Coral Vue Hydros

Planning a new pico - help please!

diablobryan

Hi All-

I currently have a 12 gallon Nano DX, but now I want to start a small tank on my desk at work. Here's my plans so far, and some questions that I have:

1. 5.5 Gallon AGA aquarium

2. Current USA lights - I'm planning on just softies/shrooms/zoos/GSP/xenia type corals, so what would be the best light I could mount on the 5.5 gallon? I'll probably get some glass cut to cover the lid (to reduce evap and also to keep out potential cleaning fluids from when the janitors clean the building). So I want a light I can mount on the 5.5 gallon that will output enough light and also will look nice mounted (not overhanging/ghetto). Any links to the light itself would be excellent!

3. Heater - 50 watt of some kind. What's the smallest possible heater I can get? I don't want one of those that just raises the temp 2-3 degrees, I need an actual heater I can set for a temp (they keep it cold at night). So I need a reliable, small heater.

4. Filter - Aquaclear. What size would work best for circulation in this tank? AC20/30/??? I'm not going to fuge it (probably have some macro in the tank), maybe just put Chemipure/Purigen in it sometimes.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Archived