Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rare SPS, fish, etc

supernip

Hello boys and girls; it is I, your disgruntle neighhood Supernip. After a hiatus from NR and a lot of inactivity on my part, I bring you some pictures. I got a new job with another premiere LFS in the area (as their internet/sps guy) so they threw a canon digital slr at me and told me to take some pictures.

We'll be sponsoring nr within the next two weeks and I'll get off my ass and do stuff about the website. But in the meantime, let's get onto some of the pictures I've gathered from various sources as I tried to get an online store in order. I'm glad to report that I got to keep a lot of rarities, so let's start with stuff from my own tank. Yay hook up's.

Most of these pictures are of Tongan corals, as the fishstore I'm currently destroying from the inside has exclusive rights with a Tongan aquaculture farm. This first one is of the "infamous" Montipora danae. I noticed that the tongan version doesn't have as much color as its Solomon counter part, but what the hell? it was free. btw, all pictures are from 10 or 14k environments, with no actinic supplementation.

danae.jpg

That white stripe would be from my homicidal cleaner shrimp.

I'm very excite at this next coral they gave me, it's a Montipora montastrea (I think), Purple with green polyps. It just came in yesterday night so the colors are still kinda funky. I think people call it Doc's morning star. It's Nip's free coral now.

morningstar.jpg

Another free Monti I have, it's somewhat like an Udata. Purplish (brown from shipping) with a yellow rim.

montipora.jpg

I also got two free aquacultures (actually being aquacultured by Eddie Hudson from Tropical Paradise). The first is a yellow tip millepora. I just couldn't get a good shot of it.

mille.jpg

And this next one is a lovely coral I have no idea what. This is the only thing I tried to photoshop and it turned out sucky. The coral is tri colored, yellow w/ blue and red at the tips. I just can't do it justice with my craptography skills.

aquaculture.jpg

I also got a rare Favia. Those of you who were here when Aquadesignz first open will remember it as the 500 dollar favia. It's free to me, cause I'm you know... super.

favia1.jpg

I got to tour some warehouses and their store too so here are some pics. I really love this next one. These zoanthids were actually photographed under ambient lighting with flash on. Too bad I didn't steal any of them :mellow:

Zoos7.jpg

And some nice red mushrooms..

flower.jpg

And of course, everyone's favorite coral- Yumas. I don't think I've ever seen so many color morphs in one place in my life. Here are two of the dozens.

pinkthing.jpg

Let's not forget fishes. Here are a yellow wartskin (<3) and a mystery wrasse.

fish.jpg

expensivefish.jpg

I'm tired and will continue to post pics of various places I go to, tomorrow (that are reef related.). I have hundreds of pics to go through.

PS

I saw a Acanthastrea Bowerbanki!!!

WOW!!!

That's awesome! So what LFS is this? (SoCal, right?)

You sure are lucky, are any of the corals for sale, ie. I'd love to get one of those healthy pink yumas :)

Lets see some more pics! How about a FTS? Can't believe more people have jumped all over these photos!

Thanks hceiv, but I'm in norcal. I'd love to sell you a nice yuma, but I can't yet. Not till my shop is an official sponsor of nr. Until then, I'm only comfortable selling stock I personally own.

Anyway, here are today's batch of pics. Let's start with stuff I own again =)

This one is a wicked blue plating montipora. It's blue on blue and these colors are true to what it looks like under my 14k bulbs.

bluemontipora.jpg

Another blue piece I picked up, a new "danae". Please note that I put them in quotation marks because they're the superman colors, but I can't be sure of the species just yet. The polyps aren't extended yet but they're red as well. I hope it holds its colors, as the blue base is damn nice.

new_danae.jpg

And a close up of the "danae" I picked up the other day. The polyps are extending very nicely.

superman-close_up.jpg

and speaking of blue and plating sps, I got this nice blue porites with white polyps as well. It's similar to the tyree one but it's a lot more blue than purple. I love it. It's super purple under regular house lighting though. But then again, so are all blue corals.

blue_porites.jpg

That's all for corals I own, I ran out of money so I couldn't grab all the nice pieces. Here are some I didn't get...First,some unknown lps I saw. They kinda look like a mix between a lobo brain and a giant head of acanthastrea. I hope one of the resident lps guys can help me identify them. I like the orange one in the background more myself, but the green one is very vivid.

unkownlps.jpg

Next is a close up of the favia I posted last time. All polyps are extending and it is doing very well. I love the ruby red eyes it has and I can't wait till it colors up some more.

favia_close_up.jpg

And lastly for tonight, a really nice piece of acan I found, I like its a hillae or an echinata. damn nice whatever it is though.

acanthastrea.jpg

Maybe more for tomorrow. Especially stuff from that warehouse I got a tour of. Fascinating stuff. I hope y'all enjoy this stuff as much as I do.

Please do post more pics...

Can't wait to hear about the new store. I am from Sacramento, but I go to school in Los Angeles, so maybe over the Xmas break I'll check out the store.

Good luck with everything!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the red zoas. I have four of them, up from the three I bought 6 months ago. Wanna sell a frag? :D

correction: I work at a wholesaler on and off. ANd I'm sorry, the zoas sold for 150bucks... for a huge colony consisting of about 150-200 polyps. I think they're much better than ppe so it was worth it. That person got a real bargain

no more wholesaler pics for a while. it's the holidays and they kicked me out. Maybe lfs pics, otherwise check out my thread for stuff that shoulda made it to the consumer but got bought by me instead. suckas

Christmas came a day early for me. Check out these great looking corals I saw at my work place. No more wholesaler pictures, but a whole lotta lfs pics =D

Perfect blue millepora; not the one, I got but darn close.

j10qdy.jpg

Another great millepora. It has a perfect plate shape and check out those great colors.

j10qs3.jpg

And yet another one, pink with yellow tips!

j10r52.jpg

and yet one more mille. Pink with blue tips. Sexy indeed.

j10rhj.jpg

And look at this killer chalice. It's red with gold stripes throughout the whole thing. I think I'm gonna give it a corny name and call it "Tears of the Sun" chalice. or whatever... I just thought it was nice.

j10t5l.jpg

A nice looking christmas tree looking coral, green. It's supposed to plate out as it grows. Someone's gonna have a great time if they buy this one.

j10to1.jpg

And a blasto, red with green rims.

j10to1.jpg

This is the last picture for now. It must be one of my favorite blastos of all time. Camouflage colorations and patterns. I hope to be able to pick this one up myself.

j10unb.jpg

That's all for now. Merry Christmas boys and girls. Check out my personal thread page if you wanna see some of my personal corals.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0&gopid=676004&

Happy holidays to you and yours. :flower:

Archived