inTank Media Baskets

I think I finally decided - Kalk Reactor

Pili

Grocery store stuff is good for a mix.

Good builder/vendor (getting a custom sump from him). Has a great reputation here in KC.

Don't forget your check valves!

onthefly, i looked on watts' website and they say that its only made in 1/2 inch. Maybe its not listed?

Also, do you know of any place to get it online? My HD doesnt usually doesnt have a good selection of plumbing stuff.

Warner Marine kalk is reagent grade; basically the purest available. That means less of the white stuff (impurities like AlO, MgO) after mixing. ESV might be as well, Warner is the only one I know of for sure.

Whether you need kalk that pure is another matter...

Ok, so warner is the purest but esv will work ok if i cant find that.

Now anybody know of a timer besides one of those big expensive wave timers so that i can run the pump that often?

Just got to walmart or home depot, they have some good timers, get a digital one and be sure it has a built in battery back up so that in times of a black out they will not have to be reset, they run from like 12 to 25 dollars, a worth while investment. I even use them for my lights since most of them comes with a daylight savings time function.

Sorry for the late reply Pili.

My pump runs 3x/day...for 30min each time. If the reactor is tall enough the mixing won't disturb the clear effluent in the top.

Marine depot has JG fitting if you can find them at HD...you might also try Ace hardware.

Thanks OTF.

I am making an order from Premium Aquatics and getting some of the ESV kalk. How much should I get to last me while? It comes in 1 lbs and 4 lbs containers.

Archived