Top Shelf Aquatics

too many fish??

majic051

would this be too many fish for my 29gal.?

2 perculas

1 royalgramma

1 flame angle

1 neon goby

do you think there would be any compatibilty problems?

thanks,

Originally posted by majic051

2 perculas

1 royalgramma

1 flame angle

1 neon goby

thanks,

I don't recommend a flame angel for this size tank.......and remember, it's better to go lighter on the bio-load to be safe.

Originally posted by majic051

2 perculas

1 royalgramma

1 flame angle

1 neon goby

thanks,

The angel would be a compatibility problem, as sometimes they have been know to nip at royalgrammas fins. Also it would be pushing your bioload.

HTH

ok well on wedsneday i will have the royal gramma and 2 perculas

so i guess ill leave out the angle......any suggestion on the fish i want ?like anything oyu like better?that i should consider before getting the others

thanks,

Also on the Flame Angel these seem to have a nasty habit of dying with no warning 3-6 mos after being put in tank. I would try and make sure you get a healthy net caught specimen. Theory is these sudden death's may be due to a fish PTSD type disorder that seems to affect these lil guys more often.

You can go with the flame angel in a 29 Gal I had one and it was fine. I do recommend that its the only fish in the tank though. Bio-load is much differant in salt than it is in fresh. maybe a goby or something small but that's it.

braindawkins20

hi i have a 12 gal. nano-reef and im a beginner. i was wondering if these fish would be to much for this size tank and if they're compatible:

2 percula clowns 1.5"

1 flame angel 2.5"

1 blue damsel 1"

1 coral banded shrimp 2" including antenie

if you thin this is too much then please give me a few other suggestions... by the way at my local fish store they said that 1" of fish per gallon will do fine.

Thanks soooo much.... and by the way how do you post a new thread?

hi i have a 12 gal. nano-reef and im a beginner. i was wondering if these fish would be to much for this size tank and if they're compatible:

yes, too many. I would keep only the two clowns. To post a new thread, go to the forum you want to post in, and you will see the "button" near the top right of the screen.

You sound like you will need lots of help. Read as much as you can, there is lots of useful info here. Never blindly trust an LFS.

I have the surface skimmer on my Prizm Deluxe Protein Skimmer. Well some nice algae grew on that and The Flame Angel got a little to motivated trying to get that Algae:( :*( . He was always picking at it. I notcied he'd try and get at the stuff on the top rim of it almost jumping up to nibble it on the edges. Well the skimmer is right on the edge of the tank and I found him on the floor right beneath it. He was a bit dehydrated:*(. But as far as health for him in 29 Gal. I had plenty of large caves for him. I kept the fish load low so he wasn't overcrowded and he seemed to do very well for a few months. He grew nicely and never showed any behavior that would lead me to believe he was unhappy or stressed.

004005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had a flame in 30 for a year or so. I heard mixed reviews and thought I would try it out. Anyway, he seemed cool in there for many months. Then about after 6 months he started swimming the same pattern non-stop. I desided that this behaviour was a sign that he was not comfortable in the tank because it was too small. So I put him in my 70. Anyway, I would advise against keeping a flame in a 30, but it is really borderline.

well now in the tank i have a percula clown and yellow tang...i was thinkin about a coral beatuy angel but are they just like the flame angles?.....(i keep hearing that they live several months and then die)

bye the way.......the yellow tang will go to a larger tank later on

i guess i wasnt thinkin when i read youre reply cause i thought you said the angle died...well anyways .........

Archived