ReefCleaners.org

where to buy nikon

drowning

Reefer Addict

I normally buy from B&H.

I believe that the top two links below are sponsors over at the nikonians.org forum. All three seem to have fairly good feed back from the members who have bought from them in the past. You may want to do a search on the companies on resellerratings.com and within the nikonians.org site.

http://www.robertsimaging.com/

http://www.berger-bros.com/

http://www.onecall.com/

Reefer Addict
i know paradise is going to yell at me but i'm going to spend the extra $ and get the d70s...

could anybody give me some info on the sd memory cards? i want to go bigger and get a 2GB card but would like to know a reputable manufacturer...or is it that big of a deal? thanks.

I believe the D70s use CF cards instead of SD cards.

Sandisk is the 'perceived' high end card in the market (and the price reflects it). Lexar would be considered the next in line.

Their top of the line cards are:

Sandisk Extreme III

Lexar 80x Compact Flash with WA (Lexar is currently running a rebate on select cards)

I bought a 2gb version of each card to compare. My gut call is the difference will be minimal. At least minimal to me.

while the d70 isn't the fastest transfer camera on the market at 2gb you may want to get a card with a little speed in it. I have heard of people using the Ultra II Sandisk 2 GB - Compact Flash Memory.

Flash cards will write the data faster and draw less electricity. At any rate even short bursts in continuous mode I doubt you will fill up the buffers memory in time before they load to your card.

i know paradise is going to yell at me but i'm going to spend the extra $ and get the d70s...

could anybody give me some info on the sd memory cards? i want to go bigger and get a 2GB card but would like to know a reputable manufacturer...or is it that big of a deal? thanks.

d70s use CF

d50s use SD

SanDisk Ultra II should be a good fit with entry level dSLRs.

Sorry, Just saw this thread.

First, B&H always lists on the item, whether it's US or Iported, Trust me, look at the item short description.

As far as memory goes, D70 can use the quicker rate of the Sandisk Ultra II cards. I would not recommend anything else reasonably priced, I use those exclusively. You can get away with 1gig cards, they are very affordable these days.

Also, you may want to look into buying the camera used, I know it's not something you see yourself doing, but doing it on RELIABLE sites from PRO Members, is OK with me. Fredmiranda.com is by FAR the only one I know where it's pretty safe, specially if you check the user's feedback, they have a special feedback thread. I personally bought two 1K lenses there this week, so I trust the members quite a bit :)

Archived