SaltCritters.com

Fragging?

jdiver

Ok, here is my newbie question of the week. Could someone please explain to me what the term "fragging" means? I understand it is obtaining smaller corals from larger ones, but how do you go about getting them? Do you just break them, or cut them, or what? Ok, so that was 3 questions, but really it's just one. lol!

fragging is the process of cutting a small peice off the orgininal coral and placing it some where else like a differnt rock and it will then colonize and grow!

Thanks for the reply jay. That's about what I had surmised fragging was. Is there any special way to cut the coral, or do you just take a knife and slice it off?

Nishant3789

there are a number of techniques taht of which u can learn by purchaseing a book, but mostly they are all just baseically cutting it off either with scisors or with a pair of pliers for sps. lps, i have not heard how to frag about yet though. there are alot of ways to ATatch the coral to different things... also, another way that may people use is they just put it on a whole buncha small rocks and let the coral spred then they just take the rock up and cut off what evers stickken to it. well hth

nishant

Archived