inTank Media Baskets

visi-therm deluxe heater

andre

i just bought the aquarium systems visi-therm deluxe aquarium heater. i wanted to know if i can fully submerse the unit in the water to hide it behind the LR. does anyone have this and do you fully submerse the heater? is this safe? thanks.

Most all aquarium heaters are supposed to fully submerged. I have mine in my sump in the included bracket. I wouldn't try and hide it under rocks b/c you can't check if its on and its is likely to break due to weight, rocks sliding into it or too much heat build up (i.e not enough flow due to rocks).

BTW, this is definatly a begginers or general topic, no where NEAR advanced. Just to let you know (we all have those computer moments).

Sam

Behind rocks wouldn’t allow for much flow, which would cause heat buildup and/or certain areas of your tank not having equal heat distribution.

i put it there and i am having great results with this heater. i have a powerhead there blowing at it so it distributes well. this thing is great! my temp is always at 79F like i set it to. thanks all for the help.

Sorry to say, the Visi-therm is crap. Usually belongs up there with the "worst piece of reef crap I have ever bought" no matter where you put it. I would use it for a while but start saving up for a new one quickly. I had one when I first started in reefin...I ended up giving it away. Good luck!

I'm going to agree with Millerlite on this one

I had 3 of them explode on me in the last 6 months for no apparent reason- plenty of flow and high water level

the last one that exploded completely killed everything in my 12gl reef nano cube

no more visitherm for me

they are fine for freshwater tanks

but for some reason they havent been worth didly squat in sw tank

Wow! They exploded?? That is the worst thing I have ever heard happen to the visi-therm. That tops the list of bad things about these skimmers...

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Haha, looks like the new visatherm model is a skimmer AND a heater!

Sweet!

Sorry Miller, could not help it. ;)

Wow! They exploded?? That is the worst thing I have ever heard happen to the visi-therm. That tops the list of bad things about these skimmers...

Sorry to hear about your loss...

LOL! Ya got me. I was posting in two different threads at the same time and got confused :P

I was thinking about the visi-jet protein skimmer. Big piece of crap.

Damn no more late posting for me :D

(Ok maybe sometimes)

Archived