Pod Your Reef

Thanksgiving

Jose68

My sister an brother in law are staying at my house and they brought their dog and cat with them here is a little picture of my sisters cat...I've finally found someone who is as obsessed with reef aquariums as I am:)

post-16798-1132948988_thumb.jpg

That is cute. I realize after living with my 2 cats and my numerous tanks that the cats think that the tanks are theirs and they 'allow' me to care for their tanks so they can have entertainment.

Yup. I always have a barstool in front of my reef (to sit on, set things on, or stand on it to get into the damn thing that's on a 3' tall stand) and my cat loves to stand on it and paw at the tank. Not so much now that it's higher up than the last tank, and only occupied by one fish (two up until a few days ago, when the powerhead's guard came off and it ate my cherub angel :tears: )..Heh. The window's still as fun as ever, though not as much now that it's getting cold out. (35*F or so! :scarry: )

wow! only 35! It was 18F here yesterday and snowed 6inches today. I agree with the cat thing they think they rule the world don't they?? Ya gotta love 'em though!

Holy god, what area are YOU in?!

PS - damn, I'd love some snow if I didn't have to drive 15 miles each way to work nearly every day...

Holy god, what area are YOU in?!

PS - damn, I'd love some snow if I didn't have to drive 15 miles each way to work nearly every day...

HAHA I live in upper midwest area. Sometimes I think it sucks because I feel as though people who live closer to the ocean have better LFS and more emploees who know what the heck they are doing. Whereas I know all of the salt water fish stores within a 3 hour drive and trust me it is not many at all! Not only that but the LFS genneraly have suppliers in Flordia and it takes like a day and a half to get here. I help the LFS unpack their shipment every week and over 1/2 dies. I think it is from the travel, it is very sad.

I read a thread about someone picking a brittle star off the beach and putting it into their tank. I think that is NUTS! of course if I lived close to the ocean I don't think this money would be going into a SW tank I think I would be spending it on diving.

of course if I lived close to the ocean I don't think this money would be going into a SW tank I think I would be spending it on diving.

For sure!

(Though I think I wouldn't be able to not set up a local-type tank, with local stuff caught and released.... :P )

Archived