Cultivated Reef

The Hidden Reef

chvynva916

I just purchased a torch coral ($15) and a pulsing xenia ($20) from the Hidden Reef in Philadelphia. I can't believe how cheap their corals are. The xenia is just a frag, so $20 is reasonable. The torch, though only has one head, is huge (tentacles extend up to 2") and looks amazing.

Their tanks are immaculate. There is a dead head on my torch and it is perfectly clean and white, no algae at all. I almost felt bad taking coral out of what seems to be such a healthy environment and putting it into my tank.

In any case, both corals are doing great and I highly recommend you check this place out if you are in the philly area.

My whole tank is from the hidden reef. Their live rock, coral, fish, and supplies are priced extremely fairly. Everything I have brought home is doing fantastic. If anyone lives even remotely close, a visit to the store is definitely in order! :)

You can't really see much from the website (though I believe they do ship). You have to go in and see it. I've never seen such a complete stock of great looking corals, fish, and any kind of dry good you'd ever need.

I drive over three hours to get there sometimes (I'm from Philly so its a good excuse to visit home).

I too live in down town philly and have had a good experience with the hidden reef. Thought it is half an hour from down town i still make the treck instead of going to the store closest to my house. It is close to my grandmothers house so when ever we visit here i go there too. They have a large selection of fresh water fish too, like alot, as well as all things saltwater.

Did you know if you go to their web site you can sign up for their e mail list and every week or so they e mail you a list of specials of stuff on sale, BUT to get it you have to print out your e mail and bring it into the store or no go, i tred to do it before, no discount with out the e mail, but as long as you bring it no problem, keep in mind it has to be the e mail they send you, it can not be printed from the web site special list(the same thing just not e mailed to you) there is a sign i noticed last time i was there that said that. If you have not been would planon going soon, also you should try to go on like a thursday because shipments come in on tuesday and wednesday and by saturday afternoon adn sunday ###### is left, well there is still a bunch but go on wednesday late and get the pickof everything

Check itout

C. Jerome

Originally posted by chvynva916

I drive over three hours to get there sometimes (I'm from Philly so its a good excuse to visit home).

I like the priorities on this...going to the fish store is a good excuse to visit home and not the other way around...! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hit the place in Northampton called Something Fishy? I am planning on running down there to check them out (read that find SOMETHING cool to bring home) this weekend.

Good news about the Hidden Reef, I will definately hit their store on my next trip to Philly.

Archived