Cultivated Reef

2.5g Pico up since 10/1

gorw2

Here's a couple of shots of my 2.5g pico which I started the first of October. The tank is stock with an AC20 filter and the 10w PC bulb.

Current Stocking:

3.5 lbs of LR

1 lb LS

Xenia

Ricordea

GSP

Chili Coral

1 blue leg hermit

1 small Blue/Green Chromis

and a couple snails

post-14154-1132785854_thumb.jpg

post-14154-1132785876_thumb.jpg

Nice! Did you put anything additional over the light? I'd read that it's necessary to protect it from the salt, but can't claim that knowledge from experience (still in planning mode for my pico).

Bryant

No, I just screwed in the 10w PC bulb and left the clear plastic protector in place. The GSP has already started to spread, but I'm thinking of a different light as the stock hood is really crappy.

Beautiful tank! How are the water params? Would love to see more pics! Keep us posted on how your setup goes. I purchased one of those 2.5's as well and have mod'ed it but haven't stocked it yet. Still getting ideas from everyone...

Regards,

PaulS

The chromis is doing great. I got the smallest one they had, knowing eventually he'll probably outgrow the tank. Water params are good, very careful not to over feed.

Amazingly the chili coral is growing fast! I usually feed it phyto or zoo plankton, and of course it's hanging upside down so it won't collapse itself to death!

I think I will mod the top for the 20w bulb though, even though nothing in there is a high light coral

i just set up the same tank and light and was wondering what corals you have in there and what you feed the tank?and with that cromis in there how often do you do what changs?

looking for some ideas for mine

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived