inTank Media Baskets

Floating Bags that Won't Float

Foogoo

Gotta love that kinda stuff.....man it can get irritating:o

I usually float the bags and keep a rock or cleaning magnet handy to hold the end of the bag on the lip of the tank to keep it from sinking.....it usually works but not always....

Camerom

roll the end of the bag up and the air in the rolled up portion should allow the bag to float. my biggest problem is that the bags touch everything in my tank so I will do a massive waterchange and use the water in the bucket to acclimate and then put it back into the tank.

I quit floating stuff. The easiest way to acclimate things is to get a 5 gallon bucket. Poor specimens into the bucket (just make sure that the LFS gives you enough water to do this), get some airline tubing (I use a gang-valve to do this) and make the water come out at a drip (I prefer a pretty fast drip). Let this happen for about an hour for fish, and about 3-5 hours for inverts (will never fill the bucket). This has worked for me and I haven't lost anything due to acclimating procedures.

HTH,

Matt

yeah SPS and LPS just love 2 foot drops into a bucket with less than an inch of water......:D

Use a rubber band and some styrafoam cooler pieces to float the bags, or use the glass slip cover tops to pin the bags aganst the side of the aquarium. I generaly dont do thiat because Im HIGHLY paranoid of water contamination from other tanks (but not my own for some reason) and using small pitchers (empty and filled with SW) for single acclimations of Stonies works well.

Dave,

If you have SPS or LPS, it's a little different, but you can still use the same acclimation procedure....you just have to make sure that you have enough water...and i don't literally dump the water in the bucket...I put the bag in the bucket and gently poor for fish and then if it's a coral i pour as much water out as I can without exposing the coral to air for too long and then slowly pull the coral out into the water....sometimes I just get the LFS to drain a gallon out of their tank so that I'll have enough...i'd only have to worry about LPS, though, I'm not at the SPS level yet.

Matt

Archived