Coral Vue Hydros

Slow and Steady!

Adamd

So I have my 33 up for a while now. I recently added a pulsing xenia to the tank. It's doing very well and pumping away for over a week. I turned the skimmer off because I read they don't like water that is too skimmed. So what should I do? I was thinking of skimming for 2 hours a day on a timer.

skimmer is a Aquac Remora Pro with Mag3, a little over kill but got a sweet deal on it. Tank is in signature..

don't know if it is going to matter only skimming for a few hours vs leaving it on. I think that leaving it on all the time will just pull out the nastys when they appear . but turning it on for a few hours will make it suck it out all in one chunck...

I don't know if that is totaly correct but I've had my skimmer overflow a couple times on me when the cup was like 3/8 full so what happend was it basicly just dumped all the contents of the cup into the tank. so now it has a few days worth of skimmate in the tank well when I plug the skimmer back in it goes crazy adn quickly pulls out all the nasty stuff then settles back down to "normal skimming"....anyway hope that makes sence. that is just my experience....

so basicly I think leave in on 24/7... it would leave you with a excuse to get a nother fish if you wanted to...LOL

Archived