RJ

My tank is a couple weeks on now

50 gal

Custom made wet/dry/protien skimmer under

4 damsels

3 lg pcs Live rock

5"sandbed

all tests show a "0"

(the live rock and some of the water was from an established tank)

My new tank looked great till it became dusted (thickly!) with a rust colored powder, the sand became a dark rusty brown color, along with a slight dusting on the walls

I read and read on these and I decided to reduce the lighting and add phosgard in a bag (refreshed every couple of days)

The sand started to clear and is looking much better, and there is a slight cloud, which I figure is the brown stuff now floating and filtering.

I went to get some additional phosgard and the fish store and told them, they suggested I add BIOZYME, to help.

I am now afraid to leave the lights on for any length of time, and was wondering if the BIOZYME will help? will the dust come back as I turn on the lights??

all input is welcome and appreciated

RJ

Let your tank run it's cycle. Diatom blooms are normal especially for new tanks. Biozyme won't help the diatoms directly but may help it cycle. Save your money and let it run it's course.

Originally posted by Foogoo

Let your tank run it's cycle. Diatom blooms are normal especially for new tanks. Biozyme won't help the diatoms directly but may help it cycle. Save your money and let it run it's course.

I totally agree....adding chemicals that aren't needed and you can be asking for trouble. Let tanks run their course and the only time I'd ever use any chemicals for treating wither fish or bad water is when all other normal methods (like using pure water for salt mixing, doing water changes, cleaning filters) have been exhausted or your tank in is the total pits.

Cameron

Archived