ReefCleaners.org

Yellow Watchman Goby and Scooter Blenny - Compatible?

Ghostryder

I have had a scooter blenny in my 24NC for about 5 months now and am considering adding a yellow watchman goby. It appears that their temperments are both considered "peaceful" and are only aggressive to their own species.

Has anyone had any experience combining the two. Given that they are both sand dwellers, I want to make sure that my scooter will not get territorial and lash out at the YWG.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It'd be fine, although I'm surprised the microfauna-eating scooter dragonet hasn't starved yet.

Yeah, I had read before I got the scooter that they require a tank with plenty of copepods and microfauna to survive, however, some have been successful in getting scooters to eat frozen mysid and brine. On the second day the scooter was in my tank, it started to eat frozen mysid and brine. Now, it will even occasionally perch itself on the live rock when it sees the turkey baster and eat straight from the turkey baster as I blast it with mysids. It has easily become one of my favorite tank critters.

• 13 years later...