Coral Vue Hydros

A Tale of Four Shrimp

Masoch

My precious little shrimp (2x cleaner, 2x peppermint) hadn't molted in a week and a half; they were eating, and doing shrimp-like things (bobbing in the current, "swimming" for food, waving their antennae at my royal gramma) ... but not molting. I was feeling sad. My poor little shrimps were going to stay ... poor little shrimps.

And then I woke up yesterday, sauntered over to their tank ... and saw two extra shrimp faces. One pep and one cleaner had molted! That made me feel better ... but two were still destined to remain tiny. After everyone had a big breakfast, I looked in on them in the afternoon; the other cleaner had molted. And one of the hungry little cleaner bastards was pestering a toppled snail. So I popped in their favourite snack, a couple pieces of chopped up squid. No more pestering. I mean, after all that hard work, they must have been hungry, right? At the critters' evening meal (just before lights off), I noticed that the other pep had molted.

Yikes! Four moltings in one day?!?!? After none for a week and a half? Does anything in particular set them off? Just curious, mind you. I know that molting's a sign of healthy, happy shrimp.

the more you feed them the faster they molt :) you can get them to molt almost once a week if u feed them enough

just make sure ur water conditions are good

Archived