Innovative Marine Aquariums

Corner 5 reef project

spinergy74

Hi all, Its been a while since I have been active here at nano-reef. I promise I havent let my passion die. My new endevour this month comes about from the recent death of my fresh water Angel fish. The corner 5 was empty again and it was about time to add the salt to that one too!

My plans are to, (if I can get things stable enough) possibly make this one into a Sea Horse tank. Here is what I have so far.

-20w coralife 50/50 mod from 10w

-aprox. 5lbs live rock

-Eclipse style built-in filter

I know its a shot in the dark but we will see. Here are some pics!

post-7933-1132362889.jpg

post-7933-1132363002_thumb.jpg

you do know that the only SH you could fit in that would be dwarf SH's which yoo will have to feed LBBS (Live BABY Brine Shrimp) i say baby b.c. once they are adults they have lost their nutritional value....so you will have to hatch and feed LBBS everday.... sorry for giving you a hard time.....you probably already know this.,..im just saying it before otehrs do.....here are some GOOD websites i suggest you go on:

www.seahorse.org

www.syngnathid.org

and also the Seahorse section on reef central......also for places to buy incase your LFS cant/wont order them or get them in....then here are some sites:

www.seahorse.com

www.seahorsesource.com (or .org i forget which one sorry)

ohh and i just realized your thread is called "Corner Reef Project.." Dwarfs cant be kept with coral....and they shouldnt be with Live Rock b.c. of Hydroids and Bristleworms......anyway good luck

Thak you fishfreak218. I really do appreciate your comments. Thats why I mentioned the SH thing. Its not a ultimate plan, just an idea. I promise that I would do all the research I could before attempting to keep SH's. Thank you for the websites. I will be sure to check them out. For now though, I'm just going to cycle this tank as a regular reef and make the changes later if I reach that point.

Thanks! B)

post-7933-1132366046_thumb.jpg

post-7933-1132366075_thumb.jpg

I bet you could fit at least one more 20w bulb in there pretty easily?

Yes, pet_doc I have thought of that. Even the 20 is good for the time being.

Yeah, I was just thinking that seems like alot more room in the hood than with a 5g minibow. Too bad I don't have a spare corner, or need another tank............

Yeah, I was just thinking that seems like alot more room in the hood than with a 5g minibow. Too bad I don't have a spare corner, or need another tank............

Yeh there is enough room to put a full up 11in PC retro if I wanted but I spend too much $$ on my JBJ. Trying to keep it to a min. for now. The corner 5 is a great tank, it realy looks alot bigger than a 5 because it has such a big veiw in the front. It is about 15in accross. Thats more than my JBJ 12.

Archived